Points of Order in the Congressional Budget Process [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Government Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (17 pages), digital, PDF file
- Summarizes points of order currently in effect under P.L. 93-344, the Congressional Budget Act of 1974, as amended, as well as related points of order established in various other measures that have a direct impact on budget enforcement. Reviews budget resolutions adopted by Congress in 2007-2009, as well as selected provisions in Rules of the House and separate orders for the 114th Congress, including provisions originally adopted by the House in H.Con.Res. 25 during the 113th Congress; P.L. 101-508, the Budget Enforcement Act of 1990; P.L. 111-139, the Statutory Pay-As-You-Go Act of 2010, and P.L. 113-67, the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2013. Describes how points of order are applied and the processes used for their waiver in the House and Senate.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report. and Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Mar. 2015). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18414651