Investor-State Dispute Settlement [electronic resource] : A Legal Overview
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. American Law Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (55 pages), digital, PDF file
- Examines legal implications of investor-state dispute settlement (ISDS) provisions in U.S. international investment agreements (IIAs). Explains who may bring a claim under an IIA; how arbitrators conduct such proceedings; remedies available to disputing parties; and how tribunals have interpreted certain substantive obligations contained in U.S. IIAs. Discusses interplay between IIAs containing ISDS provisions, investment arbitration decisions, and domestic law within the U.S., as well as recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards against countries in U.S. courts.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report. and Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed May 2015). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18414985