Medigap [electronic resource] : A Primer
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (32 pages), digital, PDF file
- Provides overview of Medigap insurance, a private supplemental insurance Medicare beneficiaries can purchase to fill certain cost gaps left by the basic Medicare benefit package. Covers history of Medigap legislation, various types of Medigap plans, consumer protections awarded to Medigap beneficiaries, and requirements facing insurance providers and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners. Describes Medigap markets, discusses proposals related to percentages of Medigap insurer revenue that is returned as benefits to policy holders, and summarizes Medigap cost-sharing requirements.
This report is one in a series of updates. For the most recent coverage of this report series, please see 13-R4-2745 in the 2013 issue.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed June 2015). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18415234