Navy Shipboard Lasers for Surface, Air, and Missile Defense [electronic resource] : Background and Issues for Congress
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Foreign Affairs Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (63 pages), digital, PDF file
- Discusses potential use of Navy shipboard lasers for countering surface, air, and ballistic missile threats. Examines shipboard lasers in general and types of lasers being developed for potential shipboard use. Addresses Navy vision for shipboard lasers on surface vessels, remaining technical challenges, and recent developments. Examines FY2016 funding request, issues and options for Congress, and legislative activity for FY2016.
This report is one in a series of updates. For the most recent coverage of this report series, please see 14-R4-1526g in the 2014 issue.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed July 2015). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18415450