Women in Combat [electronic resource] : Issues for Congress
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Foreign Affairs Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (25 pages), digital, PDF file
- Examines U.S. military policy restricting women from certain units and military occupations, and discusses efforts to remove these restrictions. Summarizes history of women serving with or in the military, including restrictions on the assignment of women to ground combat units and submarines. Addresses recent developments relating to the repeal of DOD direct combat exclusion rule; and examines issues for Congress including gender-neutral standards and selective service. Considers outlook for Congress. and This report is one in a series of updates. For the most recent coverage of this report series, please see 12-R4-2075 in the 2012 issue.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report. and Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Oct. 2015). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18416076