Funding and Financing Highways and Public Transportation [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. Resources, Science, and Industry Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (33 pages), digital, PDF file
- Discusses problems associated with Highway Trust Fund (HTF) financing system, which supports both Federal highway and public transportation programs; and explores possible options for financing surface transportation infrastructure. Addresses existing highway fuel taxes, alternatives for HTF financing, future of the trust fund, toll financing of Federal-aid system highways, value capture, public-private partnerships, financing under the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act, proposals to create a national infrastructure bank to help finance infrastructure projects, and possible enhancements to existing State infrastructure banks.
This report is one in a series of updates. For the most recent coverage of this report series, please see 15-R4-2877b in the 2015 issue.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Oct. 2015). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18416276