Johnny Hodges [sound recording].
- Hodges, Johnny
- Alexandria, Va. : Time-Life Records, 1981.
- Physical Description:
- 3 audio discs : 33 1/3 rpm, stereo. ; 12 in. + 1 booklet (52 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm).
- Tishomingo blues -- The blues with a feelin' -- Flaming youth -- Rent party blues -- Cotton Club stomp -- When you're smiling -- Old man blues -- Echoes of the jungle -- The Sheik of Araby -- Bundle of blues (Dragon blues) -- Tough truckin' -- Sugar plum -- Why do I lie to myself about you? -- I cried for you -- In a jam -- On the sunny side of the street -- I know that you know -- Blue reverie, 1938 -- The gal from Joe's -- Jeep's blues -- Jungle love -- Empty ballroom blues -- The jeep is jumpin' -- Krum elbow blues -- Hodge podge -- Wanderlust -- Dooji wooji -- Finesse (Night wind) -- The rabbit's jump -- Grievin' -- Day dream -- Good Queen Bess -- That's the blues, old man -- Squaty roo -- Passion flower -- Things ain't what they used to be -- Goin' out the back way -- Hy'a Sue -- Beale Street blues -- Isfahan.
- Related Titles:
- Blues with a feelin'.
Rent party blues
Cotton Club stomp
When you're smiling
Old man blues
Echoes of the jungle
Sheik of Araby
Bundle of blues (Dragon blues).
Why do I lie to myself about you?
I cried for you
In a jam
On the sunny side of the street
I know that you know
Blue reverie, 1938
Gal from Joe's.
Empty ballroom blues
Jeep is jumpin'.
Krum elbow blues
Finesse (Night wind).
Good Queen Bess
That's the blues, old man
Things ain't what they used to be.
Goin' out the back way
Beale Street blues
- Inserted in container: booklet containing biographical notes by Stanley Dance and notes on the music by Gary Giddens.
The Clarence I. Noll and Almeda Noll Record Collection.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Johnny Hodges, saxophone; with various ensembles and orchestras.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Selections recorded between June 5, 1928 and December 20, 1966.
View MARC record | catkey: 1853078