Carlo Scarpa [videorecording] / producer, John Ellis ; written & directed by Murray Grigor ; a VIZ production for Channel 4 and the Arts Council of England
- Language Note:
- English narration; some Italian dialog with English subtitles.
- "Scarpa's unique ability to successfully incorporate his own designs into historical renovation projects is shown at several locations, including the 15th-century Castelvecchio in Verona and Palazzo Abatellis in Palermo. Brion Memorial--one of the great enigmas of modern architecture--is examined as a hybrid of classical, abstract, and Japanese architectural forms. In Venice, craftsmen and fellow architects fondly remember Scarpa's endless experimentation with color and textures."--Container.
- Originally issued 1996 by Channel Four Television Corp. and the Arts Council of England.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Cinematography, Terry Hopkins ; editor, Murray Grigor ; music, Jonathan Dove.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrator, Sarah Collier.
- Technical Details:
View MARC record | catkey: 1859847