Top Hat & Tales : Harold Ross and The Making of The New Yorker / Van Doren Productions, Inc. ; a film by Adam Van Doren
- New York, NY : First Run Features, 2001.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (48 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Van Doren, Adam, 1962-, Schell, Ruth, Held, Wolfgang, 1963-, Math, Stuart, Tucci, Stanley, Van Doren Productions, Inc, and First-Run Features (Firm)
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Top Hat & Tales chronicles the early years of The New Yorker, from its fledging beginnings under its legendary creator and editor Harold Ross, to its rise as an indispensable American institution. Interviews with celebrated writers and cartoonists such as John Updike, David Remnick, Roger Angell, Lee Lorenz, and Roz Chast will inform how The New Yorker's signature style and content was shaped by its early contributors, including E.B. White, James Thurber, Charles Addams, Janet Flanner, J. D. Salinger, and more. Film clips, home movies and images from the anthology of The New Yorker covers and cartoons illustrate this look at one of journalism's most revered publications. Commentary by Charles Schulz, Stuart Hample and Roy Blount, Jr. offer insight into The New Yorker's role in the nation's cultural history.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed September 19, 2016).
View MARC record | catkey: 18620934