Mahindra Tractors in the United States / written by Sachin Govind and Pummy Chatterjee, under the direction of S. S. George
- Govind, Sachin
- [Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh] : IBS Center for Management Research, 
- Copyright Date:
- copyright 2008
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (15 pages) : tables, illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Chatterjee, Pummy
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Mahindra USA (MUSA), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., a India-based automobile company, was established in 1994 in Tomball, Texas. The case discusses the company's entry strategy in the US, a market that was known for fierce competition. MUSA entered the US market with compact utility tractors, a segment that was underserved. The company began by importing tractors from India and later set up assembly plants in the US where it assembled CKD kits imported from low-cost manufacturing centers such as India and other Asian countries. The case then talks about the company's initiatives to build the business including customer relationship management, brand building, etc. The case ends with a brief discussion on MUSA's future prospects in the US.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed June 17, 2016).
Case code: BSTR298.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 18621229