Carrefour's exit from Singapore / written by Bhavika Reddy, under the direction of Indu Perepu
- Reddy, Bhavika
- [Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh] : IBS Center for Management Research, 
- Copyright Date:
- copyright 2013
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (12 pages) : tables
- Language Note:
- In English.
- The case focuses on the entry of France-based retailer Carrefour SA (Carrefour) into Singapore and its subsequent exit from the country. Carrefour, the second largest retailer in the world, entered Singapore in 1997 after performing a feasibility study. It opened a hypermarket at Suntec City mall and the store became popular for its wide array of products and low prices. Singapore was a small market highly saturated with the local players. Carrefour with its hypermarket concept positioned itself differently, providing customers with a 'one stop shopping' experience.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed June 17, 2016).
Case code: BSTR439.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 18621249