China's manufacturing edge : is it losing? / written by G. Saradhi Kumar under the direction of T. Phani Madhav
- Gonela, Saradhi Kumar
- [Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh] : IBS Center for Management Research, 
- Copyright Date:
- copyright 2004
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (9 pages) : tables, illustrations
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Since its transition from a planned economy into a market economy in 1978, China has witnessed spectacular economic growth. During its reform period, China opened up its economy for investment from other countries and focused on labour-intensive mass manufacturing. This dual strategy attracted many multinational companies to invest in China and soon China became the 'world's factory floor' offering advantages of cheap labour, raw material and a large consumer market. Its GDP grew by seven times during a period of 20 years while its per capita income increased from 2253.4 Yuan in 2000 to 3587.0 in 2006. China also ranked 40th in the Global Competitiveness Index (GCI).
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed June 17, 2016). and Case code: CCA0050.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 18621250