Captain Fantastic / written and directed by Matt Ross ; produced by Lynette Howell Taylor, Jamie Patricof ; produced by Shivani Rawat, Monica Levinson ; Bleeker Street presents ; Shivans Pictures presents ; an Electric City Entertainment production ; a film by Matt Ross
- Universal City, CA : Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (118 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in. stamping
- Additional Creators:
- Ross, Matt, Howell, Lynette, 1979-, Patricof, Jamie, Rawat, Shivani, Levinson, Monica, Mortensen, Viggo, 1958-, MacKay, George, 1992-, Langella, Frank, Hahn, Kathryn, 1974-, Zahn, Steve, 1968-, Somers, Alex, Fontaine, Stéphane, Bleecker Street (Firm), Shivans Pictures, Electric City Entertainment (Firm), and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Language Note:
- In English, with optional Spanish, French or English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing (SDH)
- Deep in the forests of the Pacific Northwest, isolated from society, a devoted father dedicates his life to transforming his six young children into extraordinary adults. But when a tragedy strikes the family, they are forced to leave this self-created paradise and begin a journey into the outside world that challenges his idea of what it means to be a parent and brings into question everything he's taught them.
"Finely wrought and inventive, Captain Fantastic surely earns the lofty praise of its title."--Guardian.
"'Captain Fantastic' should connect in a major way with those looking to be swept up and moved by such a fundamental human experience."--Variety.
"Gorgeously photographed, and as loosey-goosey as its hero, 'Captain Fantastic' takes some unexpected turns."--New York Daily News.
- Sound Characteristics:
- digital optical 5.1 surround Dolby digital
- Video File Characteristics:
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file region 1
- Form of work:
- Motion pictures
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: R; for language and brief graphic nudity.
- Bonus feature: Insane or insanely great?
DVD release of the 2016 motion picture.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Music, Alex Somers ; editor, Joseph Krings ; director of photography, Stéphane Fontaine.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Viggo Mortensen, George Mackay, Frank Langella, Kathryn Hahn, Steve Zahn.
- Technical Details:
- DVD ; region 1 ; NTSC ; anamorphic widescreen (2.40:1) presentation ; Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Irene J. Wernstedt Library Acquisition Fund; 2016
- Endowment Note:
- Irene J. Wernstedt Library Acquisition Fund
View MARC record | catkey: 18621625