Musica viva. 19, Adriana Hölszky / Adriana Hölszky
- Hölszky, Adriana
- Uniform Title:
- Works. Selections
- Additional Titles:
- Adriana Hölszky
- [München] : NEOS Music GmbH, [2014?]
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file)
- Additional Creators:
- Levy, Howard, Riessler, Michael, 1957-, Matinier, Jean-Louis, Guggeis, Edgar, Sjökvist, Gustaf, 1943-, Helgath, Florian, 1978-, Brabbins, Martyn, Vis, Lucas, Hölszky, Adriana, Lenz, Jakob Michael Reinhold, 1751-1792, Bachmann, Ingeborg, 1926-1973, Percusemble Berlin, Bayerischer Rundfunk. Chor, and Bayerischer Rundfunk. Orchester
- Language Note:
- The 1st, 3rd, and 4th works sung in nonlinguistic phonemes.
- Gemälde eines Erschlagenen : (1993) : for 72 vocalists (8:55) -- On the other side : (2002) : for clarinet, harmonica, accordion and orchestra (15:49) -- Dämonen : (2006) : for chorus and orchestra (11:26) -- Formicarium : (2010) : for 36 mixed voices a capella (18:32) -- Jagt die Wölfe zurück : (1989/1990) : for six percussionists (13:04).
- ["00:08:55", "00:15:49", "00:11:26", "00:18:32", "00:13:04"]
- Sound Characteristics:
- Digital File Characteristics:
- audio file
- Choral and instrumental music.
Text to the 1st work based on Gemälde eines Ershlagenen by Jakob Lenz, deconstructed by the composer into linguistically unintelligible fragments; texts to the 3rd and 4th works created by the composer.
The 5th work inspired by the poem Die gestundete Zeit by Ingeborg Bachmann.
Recorded at Musica Viva concerts; the 2nd and 4th works are world premieres; the 3rd work is the German premiere.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Howard Levy (2nd work), harmonica ; Michael Riessler (2nd work), clarinet ; Jean-Louis Matinier (2nd work), accordion ; Percusemble Berlin (Rudi Bauer, Daniel Eichholz, Michael Gärtner, Martin Kraus, Bernd Vogel, Wolfram Winkel) (5th work) ; Chor des Bayerischen Rundfunks ; Symphonieorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks ; Edgar Guggeis (5th work), Gustaf Sjökvist (1st work), Florian Helgath (4th work), Martyn Brabbins (3rd work), Lucas Vis (2nd work), conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- 1st work recorded live 2005 March 11 Herkulessaal der Residenz, Munich.
2nd work recorded live 2002 April 26 Herkulessaal der Residenz, Munich.
3rd work recorded live 2007 February 23 Herkulessaal der Residenz, Munich.
4th work recorded live 2010 July 9 Herkulessaal der Residenz, Munich.
5th work recorded live 2003 May 6 Carl-Orff-Saal, Munich.
View MARC record | catkey: 18621809