Evolutionary Biology [electronic resource] : Convergent Evolution, Evolution of Complex Traits, Concepts and Methods / edited by Pierre Pontarotti
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- XI, 422 pages 50 illustrations, 36 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Pontarotti, Pierre and SpringerLink (Online service)
- An evolutionary view of mitochondria and BCL-2 proteins in cell suicide -- Deep phylogenomics of galectins mediating avian limb skeletogenesis -- Evolutionary Origins Of Chemical Diversity in Terpene Natural Products -- Studying convergent evolution of sexual size dimorphism and related phenotypes in spiders -- The gene expression consequences of repeated subterranean colonization -- Convergence as an Evolutionary Trade-Off in the Evolution of Acoustic Signals: Echolocation in Horseshoe bats as a Case Study -- Analysing Convergent Evolution: A Practical Guide to Methods -- How likely are we? The evolution of complex life -- Neo-sex chromosomes and their role in radiation of Lepidoptera -- Involvement of Chlamydiae in the emergence of Archaeplastida phylum -- Genomic analysis of Legionella pneumophila outbreaks -- The function debate: between “cheap tricks” and evolutionary neutrality -- From Compositional Chemical Ecologies to Self-Replicating Ribosomes -- The bacterial origin of mitochondria – new clues -- Three-dimensional eukaryotic genomic organization is strongly correlated with codon usage expression and function -- Inference methods for multiple merger coalescents -- Phylogenomics with Paralogs -- Convergent evolution of pregnancy-specific glycoproteins (PSGs) in humans and horses -- morFeus: a esource for remotely conserved orthologs -- Cardiovascular Architecture in Squamates -- Testing adaptation itself: separating spandrels from phenotypic targets of molecular evolution -- The Evolution of Brains and Cognitive Abilities -- The molecular alterations underlying evolutionary diversification of vertebrate limbs.
- This book presents selected contributions to the 19th Evolutionary Biology Meeting, which took place in September 2015 in Marseille. It consists of 22 chapters, which are grouped in four sections: · Convergent Evolution · Evolution of Complex Traits · Concepts · Methods The annual Evolutionary Biology Meetings in Marseille serve to gather leading evolutionary biologists and other scientists using evolutionary biology concepts, e.g for medical research, to promote the exchange of ideas and to encourage interdisciplinary collaborations. Offering an up-to-date overview of recent findings in the field of evolutionary biology, this book is an invaluable source of information for scientists, teachers and advanced students.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 18647574