The etiquette edge : modern manners for business success / Beverly Y. Langford
- Langford, Beverly Y., 1942-
- New York, NY : AMACOM, American Management Association, 
- Copyright Date:
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 244 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Introduction. The case for courtesy -- Everyday courtesy as a success factor. Manners in the Twenty-First Century ; Credibility: creating it and keeping it ; Develop your gratitude attitude: say "Thank you" and mean it ; Are your nonverbal messages telling on you? ; What the $%#*!& is going on here? ; Tell me less: some things are better left unsaid ; Giving genuine compliments that count ; Improving your listening skills ; Being smart about smartphones and other devices ; Using social media to make--not break--your career ; Travel courtesy: don't leave home without it -- Best behaviors at work: interacting with bosses and peers. Terror on both sides of the desk: relieving interview stress ; The new job: getting started on the right foot ; Office space: make work together more enjoyable and productive ; Getting along with your manager: spotting and solving personality problems ; How to speak so your boss will listen ; E-mail: think before you send ; Using your phone most productively ; Dress code confusion ; Mastering the art of meetings ; When meetings go virtual ; How to leave a job: making a graceful exit ; Refuse to schmooze and your lose: cultivating the social side of business ; Let's do lunch: dining your way to success ; Getting noticed--without becoming notorious ; He said, she said: when the gender gaps seems as wide as the Grand Canyon ; Citizenship in the global village -- Handling sensitive issues: courtesy and building trust. Loving your enemies: coping with the price of success ; When your best friend becomes your boss: balancing the professional and the personal ; Dealing with a bully boss ; Dealing with negative coworkers ; Silence is not a virtue: how to complain without carping ; An apology is in order: repairing the damage with a sincere response ; Delivering unwelcome information without damaging relationships ; Confronting with courtesy: preserving relationships while resolving differences ; When the worst happens: dealing with tragedy, illness, and death ; Putting it all together: creating and maintaining your personal brand.
- 9780814437629 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 18648002