The science of selling : proven strategies to make your pitch, influence decisions, and close the deal / David Hoffeld
- Hoffeld, David (Economist)
- New York : TarcherPerigee, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 277 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Part One: Foundations of selling with science -- Why sales people underperform -- The two methods of sales influence -- How to sell the way people buy -- Selling to your buyers' emotions -- Part Two: The salesperson's toolkit -- The science of asking powerful questions -- Why people buy -- Creating value, neutralizing competitors, and overcoming objections -- Closing redefined: obtaining strategic commitments -- Five science-based sales presentation strategies -- Part Three: Merging science and selling -- The future of selling.
- "The Revolutionary Sales Approach Scientifically Proven to Dramatically Improve Your Sales and Business Success Did you know that nearly half of salespeople fail to meet their quotas every year? Or that many of the most common sales behaviors drive down sales performance? In today's fiercely competitive marketplace you can't afford to lose sales that should be yours. But with so much conflicting advice from self-proclaimed "gurus," how do you know which sales strategies actually work? Leading sales trainer, researcher and CEO of Hoffeld Group, David Hoffeld, has the answer. Blending cutting-edge research in social psychology, neuroscience, and behavioral economics, The Science of Selling shows you how to align the way you sell with how our brains naturally form buying decisions, dramatically increasing your ability to earn more sales. Unlike other sales books, which primarily rely on anecdotal evidence and unproven advice, Hoffeld's evidence-based approach connects the dots between science and situations salespeople and business leaders face every day to help you consistently succeed, including proven ways to: - Engage buyers' emotions to increase their receptiveness to you and your ideas - Ask questions that line up with how the brain discloses information - Lock in the incremental commitments that lead to a sale - Create positive influence and reduce the sway of competitors - Discover the underlying causes of objections and neutralize them - Guide buyers through the necessary mental steps to make purchasing decisions Packed with advice and anecdotes, The Science of Selling is an essential resource for anyone looking to succeed in today's cutthroat selling environment, advance their business goals, or boost their ability to influence others"--
- 9780143129325 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 227-267) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2016
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 18648618