Reference guide to Christian missionary societies in China : from the sixteenth to the twentieth century / R.G. Tiedemann
- Tiedemann, R. G., 1941-
- Armonk, N.Y. : M.E. Sharpe, ©2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xviii, 338 pages) : map
- An East Gate book
- Roman Catholic : religious communities of men -- Roman Catholic : religious communities of women -- Roman Catholic : Chinese religious communities of women (Associations of Diocesan Right) -- Protestant : foreign missionary societies -- Protestant : Chinese missionary societies -- Appendices. A. Russian Orthodox Mission -- B. Roman Catholic support organizations -- C. Protestant auxiliary organizations.
- This comprehensive guide includes nearly five hundred entries identifying both Roman Catholic and Protestant missionary sending agencies and related religious congregations that played a part in the historical interaction of Christianity and Chinese society prior to 1950.
- 9780765622341 (electronic bk.) and 0765622343 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the William A. Slater Fund; 2016
View MARC record | catkey: 18671518