Mighty Joe Young / an RKO production ; [presented by] John Ford and Merian C. Cooper ; screenplay by Ruth Rose ; directed by Ernest B. Schoedsack
- Uniform Title:
- Mighty Joe Young (Motion picture : 1949)
- Burbank, CA : Warner Home Video, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (approximately 94 min.) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Ford, John, 1894-1973, Cooper, Merian C., Rose, Ruth, 1896-1978, Schoedsack, Ernest B., 1893-1979, Moore, Terry, 1929-, Johnson, Ben, 1918-1996, Armstrong, Robert, 1890-1973, McHugh, Frank, 1899-1981, RKO Radio Pictures, and Warner Home Video (Firm)
- Language Note:
- English dialogue, English, French, or Spanish subtitles; closed-captioned.
- Mighty Joe Young is a 15-foot African gorilla. His best friend and protector is Jill Young. Against her better judgment, Jill allows Joe to be brought to the States as a nightclub attraction. He later breaks loose and goes on a rampage.
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: PG.
- Title from container.
Based on the original story by Merian C. Cooper.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1949.
Special features: Commentary by Terry Moore and special effects veterans Ray Harryhausen and Ken Ralston; two new featurettes: "A conversation with Ray Harryhausen and the Chiodo Brothers" and "Ray Harryhausen and Mighty Joe Young"; theatrical trailer.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Technical creator, Willis O'Brien.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Terry Moore, Ben Johnson, Robert Armstrong, Frank McHugh.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, full screen (1.33:1) presentation; Dolby Digital stereo.
View MARC record | catkey: 18671527