Virus / Marilyn J. Roossinck ; with a foreword by Carl Zimmer
- Roossinck, Marilyn J.
- Additional Titles:
- Virus : an illustrated guide to 101 incredible microbes
- Princeton, New Jersey : Princeton University Press, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 256 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), maps (chiefly color) ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Zimmer, Carl, 1966-
- Human viruses -- Vertebrate animal viruses -- Plant viruses -- Invertebrate animal viruses -- Fungal and protist viruses -- Bacterial and archaeal viruses.
- "This stunningly illustrated book provides a rare window into the amazing, varied, and often beautiful world of viruses. Contrary to popular belief, not all viruses are bad for you. In fact, several are beneficial to their hosts, and many are crucial to the health of our planet. Virus offers an unprecedented look at 101 incredible microbes that infect all branches of life on Earth-- from humans and other animals to insects, plants, fungi, and bacteria."--Dust jacket.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 250-251) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Selected to honor Moriah Szpara, on the occasion of receiving tenure-promotion; and purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2019.
View MARC record | catkey: 18671845