Dangerous spaces : beyond the racial profile / D. Marvin Jones
- Jones, D. Marvin
- Santa Barbara, California : Praeger, 
- Physical Description:
- xii, 244 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Intersections of race, ethnicity, and culture
- Machine generated contents note: ch. 1 Urban Nightmares: The Social Construction of the Inner City -- ch. 2 New Slaves: Walking While Black, Shopping While Black, Working While Black, and Learning While Black in Urban America -- ch. 3 From Stop-and-Frisk to a State of Siege: A Play in Three Acts -- ch. 4 Between the World and Unarmed Black Men: The Killings on Our Streets and the Circle of History -- ch. 5 "Alien" Nation: The Social Construction of the Latin Threat -- ch. 6 Landscapes of Suspicion: Race, Citizenship, and Hidden Borders -- ch. 7 "An Enemy Within": The FBI, COINTELPRO, and the Browning of Islam -- ch. 8 Drawing a Line in the Sand: Citizens, Anti-Citizens, and the War on Terror.
- 9781440838248 (alk. paper), 1440838240 (alk. paper), and 9781440838255 (EISBN)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 175-234) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 18672938