Soft Matter at Aqueous Interfaces [electronic resource] / edited by Peter Lang, Yi Liu
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2016.
- 1st ed. 2016.
- Physical Description:
- VIII, 555 p. 230 illus., 116 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Lang, Peter, Liu, Yi., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- From the Contents: Thermodynamics of interfaces -- Basics of Electrochemistry -- Introduction to depletion forces and phase behaviour of colloid mixtures -- Interfaces of binary mixtures -- Dynamics of surfactants and polymers at liquid interfaces.
- This book covers the science of interfaces between an aqueous phase and a solid, another liquid or a gaseous phase, starting from the basic physical chemistry all the way to state-of-the-art research developments. Both experimental and theoretical methods are treated thanks to the contributions of a distinguished list of authors who are all active researchers in their respective fields. The properties of these interfaces are crucial for a wide variety of processes, products and biological systems and functions, such as the formulation of personal care and food products, paints and coatings, microfluidic and lab-on-a-chip applications, cell membranes, and lung surfactants. Accordingly, research and expertise on the subject are spread over a broad range of academic disciplines and industrial laboratories. This book brings together knowledge from these different places with the aim of fostering education, collaborations and research progress.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 18675940