The limits of participation : women and civic life in the Greek East in the Hellenistic and Roman periods / Riet van Bremen
- Bremen, Riet van
- Amsterdam : J.C. Gieben, 1996.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 399 pages : maps ; 25 cm.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Dutch monographs on ancient history and archaeology ; v. 15
- Pt. 1. The limits of participation -- The Hellenistic period: obligations and opportunities -- The Roman period: offices, liturgies, and the limits of the law -- The family context -- Joint office-holding -- The public stage -- Pt. 2. Women, families and wealth -- Managing their own affairs -- Family strategies -- Water and wine: property within marriage -- Conclusion.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -373) and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 1877361