Fostering student success in quantitative gateway courses / Joanne Gainen, Eleanor W. Willemsen, editors
- San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 114 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Gainen, Joanne
Willemsen, Eleanor Walker, 1938-
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- New directions for teaching and learning ; no. 61
- Barriers to success in quantitative gatekeeper courses / Joanne Gainen -- So what is the problem? : difficulties at the gate / Eleanor W. Willemsen -- Increasing minority students' success in calculus / Martin Vern Bonsangue, David Eli Drew -- Discovery chemistry : a laboratory-based approach to general chemistry / Mauri A. Ditzler, Robert W. Ricci -- Real-world problem solving in freshman-sophomore engineering / Michael J. Pavelich, Barbara M. Olds, Ronald L. Miller -- Formal methods, design, and collaborative learning in the first computer science course / Douglas R. Troeger -- Critical thinking and design : evolution of a freshman engineering graphics course / Lilia A. Sanchez, Timothy K. Hight, Joanne Gainen -- Women's responses to an activity-based introductory physics program / Priscilla W. Laws, Pamela J. Rosborough, Frances J. Poodry -- Introductory accounting : changing the first course / Karen V. Pincus -- Reenvisioning statistics : a cognitive apprenticeship approach / Eleanor W. Willemsen, Joanne Gainen.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 1880934