Miscellanies / by the Right Noble Lord, the late Lord Marquess of Halifax ...
- Halifax, George Savile, Marquis of, 1633-1695
- Additional Titles:
- Lady's New-Year's gift, or, Advice to a daughter, Character of a trimmer, Anatomy of an equivalent, Letter to a dissenter, upon occasion of His Majesties late gracious consideration, Some cautions offered to the consideration, Rough draught of a new model at sea, 1694, Maxims of state, Letter sent by his lordship to Charles Cotton, esq. .., and Sacellum appollinare. A funeral poem to the memory ... George ..
- London : Printed for Matt. Gillyflower at the Spread-Eagle in Westminster-Hall, 1700..
- [1st ed.].
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume (various pagings) : frontispiece ; 19 cm
- Halifax, George Savile, Marquis of, 1633-1695—Poetry
- Montaigne, Michel de, 1533-1592. Essais. English. 1693
- Great Britain. Royal Navy—Officers
- Great Britain. Parliament—Elections
- England and Wales. Test Act 1673
- Church and state—Great Britain
- Loyalty oaths—Great Britain
- Young women
- Conduct of life
- Dissenters, Religious—England
- Aphorisms, English
- Great Britain—Politics and government—1660-1688
- Great Britain—Politics and government—1689-1702
- Title within double line border.
Bound in old calf.
With frontis. to "The lady's New-Year's gift, or, Advice to a daughter".
The following chapters have special t.p. with separate pagings: "The character of a trimmer ... 1699"; "The anatomy of an equivalent"; "A letter to a dissenter, upon occasion of His Majesties late gracious declaration of indulgence ... 1700"; "Some cautions offered to the consideration ... 1699"; "A rough draught of a new model at sea, 1694 ... 1700"; "Maxims of state ... 1700"; "A letter sent by his lordship to Charles Cotton, esq. upon his new translation and dedication of Montaigne's essays"; Sacellum appollinare. A funeral poem to the memory ... George, late Marquis of Hallifax".
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, H315.
View MARC record | catkey: 188628