Plenary Mass : in C, with Te Deum / Antonio Salieri ; edited by Jane Schatkin Hettrick
- Salieri, Antonio, 1750-1825
- Uniform Title:
- Choral music. Selections
- Middleton, Wisconsin : A-R Editions, Inc., 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 score (xviii, 265 pages, 4 pages of plates) : facsimiles ; 43 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Hettrick, Jane Schatkin and Salieri, Antonio, 1750-1825
- Language Note:
- Latin words.
- Te Deum -- Tantum ergo -- Introit : Beata gens -- Kyrie -- Gloria -- Gradual : Venite gentes -- Credo -- Offertory : Cantate Domino -- Sanctus -- Benedictus -- Agnus Dei -- Genitori -- Appendix: Intrada.
- Medium of Performance:
- mixed chorus 2 orchestra 1
- The Mass includes an introit, gradual, and offertory as well as Ordinary; most likely composed in 1799 for an unspecified peace celebration; a revised version with more expansive scoring, published in this edition, was performed at the Dankfest conferring the title of Emperor of Austria upon Holy Roman Emperor Franz II, December 8, 1804; the edition includes a Te Deum in D major and Tantum ergo--Genitori that are from outside the Mass itself.
For 2 choruses (SATB, SATB) and orchestra.
Edited from manuscripts (part holograph) in the Österreichische Nationalbibliothek, Musiksammlung, originally belonging to the archive of the Hofmusikkapelle.
Includes introduction and critical report.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 18879146