Generalized Metric Spaces and Mappings [electronic resource] / by Shou Lin, Ziqiu Yun
- Lin, Shou
- Paris : Atlantis Press : Imprint: Atlantis Press, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- XVI, 328 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Yun, Ziqiu and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1 The origin of generalized metric spaces -- 2 Mappings on metric spaces -- 3 Generalized metric spaces.
- The idea of mutual classification of spaces and mappings is one of the main research directions of point set topology. In a systematical way, this book discusses the basic theory of generalized metric spaces by using the mapping method, and summarizes the most important research achievements, particularly those from Chinese scholars, in the theory of spaces and mappings since the 1960s. This book has three chapters, two appendices and a list of more than 400 references. The chapters are "The origin of generalized metric spaces", "Mappings on metric spaces" and "Classes of generalized metric spaces". Graduates or senior undergraduates in mathematics major can use this book as their text to study the theory of generalized metric spaces. Researchers in this field can also use this book as a valuable reference.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 18897192