Bolero and other orchestral favourites vol. I [sound recording].
- New York : Philips, [between 1984 and 1988]
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc (68 min.) : digital, stereo. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Marriner, Neville, Faris, Alexander, Bauer-Theussl, Franz, Liszt, Franz, 1811-1886, Dukas, Paul, 1865-1935, Saint-Saëns, Camille, 1835-1921, Brahms, Johannes, 1833-1897, Ravel, Maurice, 1875-1937, Ketèlbey, Albert W. (Albert William), 1875-1959, Weber, Carl Maria von, 1786-1826, Masur, Kurt, Academy of St. Martin-in-the-Fields, Staatskapelle Dresden, London Promenade Orchestra, Ambrosian Chorus, Volksoper. Orchester, and Gewandhausorchester Leipzig
- Hungarian rhapsody no. 2 in D minor / Liszt/Orch. Doppler -- The sorcerer's apprentice / Dukas -- Danse macabre / Saint-Saëns -- Hungarian dance no. 5 in G minor / Brahms/Orch. Parlow -- Hungarian dance no. 6 in D / Brahms/Orch. Parlow -- Bolero / Ravel -- In a Persian market / Ketèlbey --Invitation to the dance / Weber/Orch. Berlioz.
- Related Titles:
- Sorcerer's apprentice
In a Persian market
Invitation to the dance
- Title from container.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Gewandhaus Orchestra, Leipzig; Kurt Masur, conductor (1st, 4th & 5th works) ; Academy of St. Martin-in-the-Fields; Sir Neville Marriner, conductor (2nd & 3rd works) ; Dresden State Orchestra; Sir Neville Marriner, conductor (6th work) ; London Promenade Orchestra; Ambrosian Chorus; Alexander Faris, conductor (7th work) ; Orchestra of the Vienna Volksoper; Franz Bauer-Theussl, conductor (8th work).
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded April 1981 through June 1984 in Vienna, Dresden, London and Leipzig.
View MARC record | catkey: 1896130