Curlew River [sound recording] / Britten
- Britten, Benjamin, 1913-1976
- New York, N.Y. : London, ©1989, ℗1966.
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc (69 min., 15 sec.) : digital, stereo. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Pears, Peter, 1910-1986
Drake, Bryan, 1925-2001
Plomer, William, 1903-1973
English Opera Group
- Sung in English.
Libretto based on the medieval Japanese No-play Sumidagawa of Juro Montomasa by William Plomer.
Previously issued, 1966, on analog disc as Decca SLT 301.
Program notes by the composer and Colin Graham and libretto (26 p.) in container.
"A parable for church performance"--Container.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Peter Pears as the Madwoman ; John Shirley-Quirk as the Ferryman ; Harold Blackburn as the Abbott ; Bryan Drake as the Traveller ; Bruce Webb as the Voice of the Spirit ; vocal and instrumental ensembles of the English Opera Group ; the composer and Viola Tunnard, conductors.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded June 1965 at Orford Parish Church.
View MARC record | catkey: 1899264