The capitalist unconscious : from Korean unification to transnational Korea / Hyun Ok Park
- Park, Hyun Ok.
- New York : Columbia University Press, 2015.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 349 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm
- Preface and acknowledgments -- History, politics, and theory -- The capitalist unconscious : the Korea question -- The aesthetics of democratic politics : labor, violence, and repetition -- Reparation -- Reparation : Korean Chinese as colonial returnees -- Socialist reparation : Korean Chinese as living labor -- Permanent revolution in repetition : the ethnic minority in China -- Peace and human rights -- Korean unification as capitalist hegemony -- Permanent revolution in North Korea : crisis, socialism, and capitalism -- Spectacle of North Korean migration : freedom and free labor -- Conclusion -- References -- Index.
- 9780231171922 (cloth : alk. paper)
0231171927 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19166710