The shareholder action guide : unleash your hidden powers to hold corporations accountable / Andrew Behar, CEO of As you sow
- Behar, Andrew, 1957-
- Oakland, CA : Berrett-Koehler Publishers, A BKcurrent book, 
- Copyright Date:
- First Edition.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 190 pages : illustrations ; 21 cm
- Foreword / by Robert Reich -- Preface / by Thomas Van Dyck -- Introduction : you have more power than you think -- Who let the dog out? -- How ordinary investors can bring real change to big problems -- What you can ask a corporation to do -- How to vote your proxy -- How to influence your fund manager -- Engaging with a corporation and filing a shareholder resolution -- Opportunities and decisions to make real change -- What kind of people engage with corporations? -- Foundations and individual shareholders can make a difference -- The power of disclosure -- Divestment as the ultimate escalation of engagement -- How do I know what I own? -- How to get your company to offer funds aligned with your values -- A new generation of corporate leaders -- Time to take back your power -- Resources a: acknowledgements and bios of interviewed leaders -- Resources b: links -- Resources c: alliance building for a shareholder movement -- Resources d: glossary and acronyms -- About As you sow.
- 9781626568457 (pbk.)
- GUIDEBOOK FOR INDIVIDUAL STOCKHOLDERS ON HOLDING CORPORATIONS ACCOUNTABLE AND VOTING ON POLICIES.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2016
View MARC record | catkey: 19167808