Utopia for realists : how we can build the ideal world / Rutger Bregman ; translated from the Dutch by Elizabeth Manton
- Language Note:
- Translated from the Dutch.
- The return of Utopia -- Why we should give free money to everyone -- The end of poverty -- The bizarre tale of President Nixon and his basic income bill -- New figures for a new era -- A fifteen-hour workweek -- Why it doesn't pay to be a banker -- Race against the machine -- Beyond the gates of the land of plenty -- How ideas change the world.
- "A noted Dutch journalist and economist proposes an outline for a new worldwide Utopia, with central tenets including a shortened work week, a guaranteed basic income for all, wealth redistribution, and open borders everywhere"--
- 9780316471893 (hardcover) and 0316471895 (hardcover)
- Translation of: Gratis geld voor iedereen.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 265-305) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2016
View MARC record | catkey: 19169241