Getting through my parents' divorce : a workbook for children coping with divorce, parental alienation, and loyalty conflicts / Amy J.L. Baker, PhD, Katherine C. Andre, PhD
- An instant help book for parents & kids
- Machine generated contents note: pt. 1 When Your Parents Fight -- You Are Not Alone -- Activity 1 Think of a Workbook Buddy -- Activity 2 Things Parents Fight About -- Feelings, Feelings, Feelings -- Activity 3 Feelings Kids Have When Parents Fight -- Activity 4 Start a Feeling Journal -- Activity 5 Feelings About Divorce -- Activity 6 Situations and Feelings -- Activity 7 Expressing Feelings -- pt. 2 Coping Tools -- Thinking for Yourself -- Activity 8 Knowing Your Own Thoughts and Feelings -- Considering Your Options -- Unfreezing the Brain: The STEP Solution -- Activity 9 Explore Options and Picture and Practice in Your Mind -- Activity 10 Saying What You Want -- Living Your Values -- Activity 11 Finding Your Core Values -- Activity 12 Knowing Your Core Values -- Activity 13 Living Your Core Values -- Acting with Courage -- Activity 14 You Were Courageous When... -- Activity 15 Inspiring Courage Within Yourself -- Encouraging Yourself -- Activity 16 Is Self-Talk Helpful? -- Activity 17 Practicing Self-Talk -- De-stressing Your Mind and Body -- Activity 18 What Ways Do You Feel Stress? -- Activity 19 Where Do You Feel Stress in Your Body When Your Parents Fight? -- Activity 20 Letting Go of Stress -- Activity 21 More Ways to Let Go of Stress -- Asking for Help from Others -- Activity 22 Helpful Qualities -- Activity 23 Who Would You Ask for Help? -- Activity 24 Finding Helpful People -- pt. 3 Using the Coping Tools -- Getting Started -- Activity 25 Which Situations Are Yours? -- Sadness -- Activity 26 What Does Sadness Feel Like? -- Worry -- Activity 27 What Does Worry Feel Like? -- Anger -- Activity 28 What Does Anger Feel Like? -- Hurt -- Activity 29 What Does Hurt Feel Like? -- Confusion -- Activity 30 What Does Confusion Feel Like? -- Fear -- Activity 31 What Does Fear Feel Like? -- Guilt -- Activity 32 What Does Guilt Feel Like? -- Activity 33 Guilty Words.
- "Is your child stuck in the middle of a high-conflict divorce? In But I Love You Both, two psychologists and experts in parental alienation offer a fun and engaging workbook to help kids work through stressful or confusing emotions and feel safe and loved-no matter what. Divorce is never easy. But for kids who have parents in conflict with one another, or where one parent is so hostile that he or she is actively trying to undermine the kids' relationship with the other parent, divorce can be unbearable. This workbook is designed especially for kids, and includes helpful tips and exercises to help them deal with the negative impact of custody disputes, understand and identify their feelings, learn to cope with stress and other complex emotions, and feel secure. Written by two leading experts in child psychology, this easy-to-use workbook includes a number of helpful suggestions to guide children though a number of possible scenarios, such as what to do if one parent says mean and untrue things about the other parent; what to do if a parent asks them to keep secrets from another parent; or what to do if one parent attempts to replace the other parent with a new spouse. If you have or know a child that is dealing with a difficult divorce, this workbook will give them the tools needed to move past loyalty conflicts and the difficult emotions that can arise when parents don't get along"--
"Divorce is often stressful for kids. But for kids who have parents in conflict with one another, or where one parent is so hostile that he or she is actively trying to undermine the kids' relationship with the other parent, divorce can be unbearable. In Getting Through My Parents' Divorce, two psychologists and experts in parental alienation offer a workbook for kids who are feeling torn between two parents in a hostile divorce. The book also deals with the negative impact of custody disputes and helps children understand and identify their feelings, learn to cope with stress and other complex emotions, and feel safe and loved"--
- 9781626251366 (paperback)
- "33 simple activites to help kids: deal with sadness, confusion & anger. Learn new ways to cope with worry & stress. Tap into inherent courage & strength"--Cover.
View MARC record | catkey: 19170774