Taxation of regulated investment companies and their shareholders / Richard M. Hervey, Esq. (Dechert LLP, New York, New York).
- Hervey, Richard M.
- Additional Titles:
- Taxation of regulated investment companies <Apr. 28, 2008>
- [Arlington, Va.] : Bureau of National Affairs, -
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Tax Management Inc
- Detailed analysis. Introduction -- Historical background -- Types of entities that can qualify for RIC status -- Election of RIC status -- Qualifying income requirement -- Diversification requirements -- Minimum distribution requirements for taxation of RICs as conduits under subchapter M -- General tax treatment of qualifying RICs -- Conduit treatment of long-term capital gains -- Conduit treatment of tax-exempt interest income, [section] 852(b)(5) -- Conduit treatment of foreign tax credit [section] 853 -- Conduit treatment of credits on tax credit bonds -- Conduit treatment of dividends received deduction and qualified dividend income, [section] 854 -- Section 852(b)(7), dividends paid in January that are declared in the prior calendar quarter -- Dividends paid by a RIC after the close of taxable year, [section] 855 -- Deficiency dividends, [section] 860 -- Excise tax on failure to satisfy calendar year minimum distribution requirements, [section] 4982 -- Taxation of shareholders of RICs -- Treatment of foreign shareholders in RICs -- Series funds -- Master-feeder structures -- Funds of funds -- Exchange traded funds (ETFs) -- Disallowance of indirect deductions by shareholders for certain expenses of non-publicly offered RICs -- Special rules applicable to subchapter C corporations electing RIC status and to transfers of property from subchapter C corporations to RICs -- Former "short short" test under former [section] 851(b)(3) -- Working papers.
- " ... discusses in detail the provisions of [section] 851-[section] 855, [section] 860 and [section] 4982 of the Internal Revenue Code, which govern the taxation of regulated investment companies (RICs). The Portfolio also discusses the applicability of other Code provisions to RICs."
- Publication Frequency:
- Updated irregularly
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED DICKINSON USERS; PASSWORD REQUIRED FOR ACCESS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 19173179