Ecclesiastical history of the English people : with Bede's letter to Egbert / Bede. And Cuthbert's letter on the death of Bede
- Bede, the Venerable, Saint, 673-735
- Uniform Title:
- Historia ecclesiastica gentis Anglorum. English
- Additional Titles:
- Bede's letter to Egbert
Cuthbert's letter on the death of Bede
- London, England ; New York, New York, USA : Penguin, 1990.
- Rev. ed.
- Physical Description:
- 397 pages : maps ; 20 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Farmer, David Hugh
Latham, R. E. (Ronald Edward)
Egbert, Saint, -766
Bede, the Venerable, Saint, 673-735
Cuthbert, Abbot of Wearmouth
- Penguin classics
- Written in AD 731, Bede's work opens with a background sketch of Roman Britain's geography and history. It goes on to tell of the kings and bishops, monks and nuns who helped to develop Anglo-Saxon government and religion during the crucial formative years of the English people.
- "The History translated by Leo Sherley-Price, revised by R.E. Latham. Translation of the minor works, new introduction and notes by D.H. Farmer."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (page 383) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2016
View MARC record | catkey: 19174226