Julie and Carol at Carnegie Hall ; Julie and Carol at Lincoln Center / Julie Andrews, Carol Burnett
- Additional Titles:
- Julie Andrews, Carol Burnett : the CBS Television specials
CBS Television specials
- New York, NY : Sony Classical, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file).
- Additional Creators:
- Andrews, Julie
Matz, Peter, 1928-2002
CBS Television Network
- Legends of Broadway
- Julie and Carol at Carnegie Hall. No Mozart tonight -- You're so London -- Oh dear what can the matter be -- From Russia, the Nausiev Ballet (medley). There's no business like show business ; The girl that I marry ; Doin' what comes natur'lly -- Meantime -- From Switzerland, the Pratt Family (medley). Pratt Family tree ; The things we like best ; Ding dong yum yum yum -- History of musical comedy (medley). Every little movement ; Ah! sweet mystery of life ; Tramp, tramp, tramp ; Look for the silver lining ; Limehouse blues ; Funny face ; Fidgety feet ; 'S wonderful ; Dancing in the dark ; I get a kick out of you ; Night and day ; Where or when ; Lucky day ; Hallelujah! ; Why was I born? ; Don't ever leave me ; Yesterdays ; Get out of town ; Glad to be unhappy ; I've got you under my skin ; Begin the beguine ; I cain't say no ; Wouldn't it be loverly ; A boy like that ; I have a love -- From Texas : Big "D" -- Julie and Carol at Lincoln Center. Opening -- Our classy, classical show -- Girls in the band -- Madame Abernall's ; I could have danced all night -- He's gone away -- Medley of the 60's. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band ; With a little help from my friends ; The beat goes on ; I dig rock & roll music ; Everybody's talkin' ; Gentle on my mind ; Wichita lineman ; Little green apples ; Honey ; Both sides now ; If ; Up up and away ; Do you know the way to San Jose ; Leaving on a jet plane ; By the time I get to Phoenix ; Downtown ; The 59th Street song (Feelin' groovy) ; Sunny ; Raindrops keep fallin' on my head ; You've made me so very happy ; The girl from Ipanema ; The girl's in love with you ; Georgy girl ; Hello, Dolly! ; Sesame Street ; Moon river ; People ; Eleanor Rigby ; What the world needs now is love ; Come together ; Put your hand in the hand ; Let it be ; And when I die ; We shall overcome ; Aquarius ; Son of a preacher man ; What kind of fool am I? ; I'll never fall in love again ; Alfie ; What now my love ; Goin' out of my head ; Born free ; Strangers in the night ; (Where do I begin) Love story ; It must be him ; A spoonful of sugar ; Spinning wheel ; Is that all there is? -- Wait till the sun shines Nellie -- Finale.
- This remastered and first time CD showcases the distinctive talents of Andrews and Burnett and includes one of the most remarkable medleys in history in which the they sprint through forty-six notable songs.
- Related Titles:
- Music for television program (work): Julie and Carol at Carnegie Hall (Television program)
Music for television program (work): Julie and Carol at Lincoln Center (Television program)
- Sound Characteristics:
- Digital File Characteristics:
- audio file
- Julie and Carol at Carnegie Hall was edited and broadcast June 11, 1962 on the CBS network; Julie and Carol at Lincoln Center broadcast in Dec. 1971, on CBS.
Originally released as Columbia OS 2240, 1962 (in stereo), and Columbia S 31153, 1971 (the original released in "fake stereo sound", this recording uses only the mono track).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Julie Andrews and Carol Burnett, vocals ; orchestras ; Irwin Kostal, Peter Matz, conductors.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded live 1962 April 29 Carnegie Hall, New York 1971 July 1 Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center, New York.
View MARC record | catkey: 19175452