Ruby Recipes [electronic resource] : A Problem-Solution Approach / by Malay Mandal
- Mandal, Malay
- Berkeley, CA : Apress : Imprint: Apress, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- XXVIII, 226 pages 1 illustration : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Chapter 1 : A taste of Ruby -- Chapter 2 : Filing cabinet -- Chapter 3 : Elementary -- Chapter 4 : Collections -- Chapter 5 : First flight -- Chapter 6 : Regular Expressions -- Chapter 7 : Paraphernalia -- Chapter 8 : Cruising along -- Chapter 9 : Classes and Structures -- Chapter 10 : Functional programming facet of Ruby -- Chapter 11 : Applicability -- Chapter 12 : Data and log handling.
- Solve your Ruby programming problems that occur during your day-to-day scripting work. This book contains a varied selection of practical and interesting code recipes designed to make your coding life easier. Ruby Recipes includes solutions to problems in working with data, handling exceptions, writing blocks, and using regular expressions. This book provides ready scripts for both simple complex scripting tasks, which you can use readily or with only minor modifications. These scripts cover areas such as collections, classes and structures, functional programming, and log handling. With these handy recipes at your fingertips, you will be able to solve those niggling problems and become even more efficient. You will: Install and run Ruby Read and write data Write functions Work with arrays, ranges, hashes, and iterators Handle dates and time Process XML as text Master OOP concepts such as classes, objects, subclassing, and inheritance Connect to databases.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 19175640