Constant: Space + colour : from Cobra to New Babylon / editors, Ludo van Halem, Trudy Nieuwenhuys-van der Horst ; authors, Constant, Ludo van Halem [and 3 others].
- Additional Titles:
- Space + colour and From Cobra to New Babylon
- Amsterdam : Cobra Museum ; Rotterdam : nai010 publishers, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 158 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 27 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Halem, Ludo van, Horst, Trudy van der, Constant, 1920-2005. Selections, and Cobra Museum voor Moderne Kunst (Amstelveen, Netherlands)
- In the early 50s, Constant sought out new pathways along which art could contribute to the reconstruction of postwar Europe. He envisioned an art that was at once "lyrical in its means and social in its very nature" (1956). Until now, this period of Constant's artistic development has been underexposed in museum exhibitions, despite the fact that during these years a radical change took place. Constant. Space + Colour at the Cobra Museum of Modern Art reveals this crucial period. The exhibition is curated by Ludo van Halem (Curator of 20th Century Art, Rijksmuseum), Trudy van der Horst (Board member and Head of Research, Constant Foundation) and Katja Weitering (Artistic Director, Cobra Museum). Exhibition: Cobra Museum Amstelveen, The Netherlands (29.05. - 25.09.2016).
- 9789462083011 and 9462083010
- Published on the occasion of an exhibition held at Cobra Museum of Modern Art, Amstelveen, May 28-Sepember 25, 2016.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 19176590