Precision Dairy Farming 2016 / edited by Claudia Kamphuis and Wilma Steeneveld
- Conference Author:
- Precision Dairy Farming (1st : 2016 : Leeuwarden, Netherlands)
- Additional Titles:
- First International Precision Dairy Farming Conference
- Wageningen : Wageningen Academic Publishers, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 459 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Kamphuis, Claudia and Steeneveld, Wilma
- The supply of new innovative precision dairy farming technologies is steadily increasing. It aims to help farmers to be more labour efficient and to support them in their daily management decisions. At the same time, since many technologies are developed from an engineering perspective, adoption of these technologies is sometimes limited since knowledge on economic benefits and farmers' needs is often incomplete. This book covers the current status of precision dairy farming technologies and what farmers expect from them. It also includes insights and future perspectives on managing, analysing, and combining sensor information. Moreover, new innovative ideas that may better fit farmers' needs and expectation are introduced, ranging from technologies or innovations that aim at improved animal health and welfare, to those technologies that result in a more efficient use of feed and improved grazing management.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 19178548