A looking-glass for a bad husband: or, A caveat for a spend-thrift [microform] : You that are guilty of that sinful crime of drunkenness, strive for to leave it off in time: lay up your money, do not it vainly spend; for in your greatest need, it will be your best friend. Endeavour in your youth, left in old age you want; for when the poverty doth come, friends will be scant. To the tune of, The poor man's comfort: or, Digby. / By T.L.
- Lanfiere, Thomas
- Additional Titles:
- Caveat for a spendthrift, Looking glass for a bad husband, and Caveat for a spend-thrift
- London : Printed for VV[illiam]. Thackeray, T[homas]. Passenger, and VV[illiam]. VVhitwood, [between 1670-1677]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) : illustrations (woodcuts).
- Related Titles:
Poor man's comfort
- Attributed to Thomas Lanfiere.
Date, place of publication and publisher's names from Wing CD-ROM, 1996.
Reproduction of original in the Harvard University, Houghton Library.
Verse: "You that are bad husbands ..."
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1998. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books; Tract supplement ; A2:3).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Early English books tract supplement interim guide EBB65H
Wing (CD-ROM, 1996) L360
View MARC record | catkey: 19180385