The chronicles of England, from William the Conquerour (who began his reigne ouer this land, in the yeare after Christes natiuitie 1066.) vntill the yeare 1577. / Faithfullie gathered and compiled by Raphaell Holinshed. And continued from the yeare 1577. vntill this present yeare of grace 1585
- Holinshed, Raphael, approximately 1525-1580?
- Uniform Title:
- Chronicles of England, Scotlande, and Irelande
- At London : Printed in Aldersgate Street at the Signe of the Starre, 1585.
- Newly amended and inlarged with a necessarie table thereunto annexed, both of names and matters that are memorable..
- Physical Description:
- 10 unnumbered pages, 1-346, 349-1, 592 pages, 60 unnumbered pages
- At foot of t.p.: "Cum Priuilegio Regiae Maiestatis."
Imperfect: volume 3 only, lacks pages 347-348; pages stained and tightly bound with slight loss of text.
Imprint from colophon; date from t.p.
Reproduction of original in: Folger Shakespeare Library.
Signatures: A-7N⁶, C-G⁶.
Title within ornamental border (McK. & Ferg. 131), printer's device at colophon (McK. 211), headpieces, tailpieces, initials, printed marginalia.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 2004. 1 microform reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 2293:1)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 13569.5
View MARC record | catkey: 19182599