The remedy of prophanesse [sic]. Or, Of the true sight and feare of the Almighty [microform] : A needful tractate. In two bookes. / By Ios. Exon
- Hall, Joseph, 1574-1656
- Additional Titles:
- Of the true sight and feare of the Almighty
- London : Printed for Nathanael Butter, and are to be sold at his shop at the signe of the Pyde-Bull, at S. Austins Gate, 1638.
- Physical Description:
- 20 unnumbered pages, 252 pages, 12 unnumbered pages, 83 pages, 1 unnumbered page
- Related Titles:
- Sermon preach't in the city of Excester ... Aug. 24. 1637
- "A sermon preach't in the city of Excester, at the consecration of a new buriall-place, there, on Saint Bartholomews day, Aug. 24. 1637" has separate dated title page, with imprint "Printed by Thomas Harper for Nathanael Butter ...", and separate pagination. Register continues through preliminaries, ending S₄, new register begins with aa₁ on p. 1 one of text.
Imprimatur on leaves [pi]₂r and R₈8r: Imprimatur. Sa. Baker. Octob. 11. 1637.
Ios. Exon. = Joseph Hall, Bishop of Exeter, 1627-1641.
Reproduction of original in: Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
Signatures: [pi]⁶ a⁴ B-R⁸ S⁴ aa-ee⁸ ff²
Title within border of type-ornaments; headpieces, initials.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 2009. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 2361:3).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.), 12710.3
View MARC record | catkey: 19183190