The workes of Mr. Willia[m] Cowper late Bishop of Galloway [microform] : Now newly collected into one volume. Whereunto is added a comentary on the reuelation neuer before published. Also an alphabeticall table for the finding out the principall heads contained in euery booke
- Cowper, William, 1568-1619
- Uniform Title:
- Works. 1629
- Additional Titles:
- Works of Mr. William Cowper late Bishop of Galloway
- London : Imprinted for Iohn Budge and are to be sold at his shop in Paules Church: yard at the Signe of ye greene Dragon, 1623 [i.e]., 1629]
[London] : [imprinted [by John Beale, Thomas Brudenell, Thomas Harper, Miles Flesher, John Legatt, Elizabeth Allde, Bernard Alsop, and Thomas Fawcet] for Robert Allott
- [Second edition].
- Physical Description:
- 6 unnumbered pages, 98 pages, 4 unnumbered pages, 99-344, 347-386, 389-500 pages, 4 unnumbered pages, 545-706 pages, 4 unnumbered pages, 709-716 pages, 4 unnumbered pages, 723-769, 780-789, 780-1, 122 pages, 22 unnumbered pages
- Each work has special t.p.; imprints vary. Pagination and register are continuous.
Edition statement suggested by STC (2nd ed.).
Imperfect: lacks t.p.; page bound in its place is engr. t.p from 1623 edition, print show-through with slight loss of text.
Imprint for 1629 edition suggested by STC (2nd ed.).
Reproduction of original in: Folger Shakespeare Library.
Signatures: pi¹ A⁸ B-2S⁶ 2T⁴ 3A-5C⁶ 5D⁸.
Title within ornamental border, headpieces, initials, printed marginalia.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : ProQuest, 2009. 1 microform reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 2370:6).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 5911
View MARC record | catkey: 19183262