By the Queene [microform] : A proclamation commanding all persons vpon the borders of England, to keepe peace towards Scotland, vpon the like proclamation by the King of Scots towards England. Whereas of late time there hath beene great disorders by incursions into our realme of multitude of Scottishmen dwelling vpon the borders of our realme towards Scotland, committing both murthers, taking of prisoners, burning of houses, and taking of goodes and cattell ...
- Corporate Author:
- England and Wales. Sovereign (1558-1603 : Elizabeth I)
- Additional Titles:
- By the Queen. Proclamation commanding all persons upon the borders of England, to keep peace towards Scotland
Proclamation commanding all persons upon the borders of England, to keep peace towards Scotland
Proclamation commanding all persons vpon the borders of England, to keepe peace towards Scotland
- Imprinted at London : By the Deputies of Christopher Barker, Printer to the Queenes most excellent Maiestie, 1596..
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page)
- Additional Creators:
- Elizabeth I, Queen of England, 1533-1603
- "Giuen vnder our signet at our mannor of Greenwich, the xx. day of August in the xxxviii. yeere of our reigne."
Line 21 of text ends: 'War-'. Cf. STC (2nd ed.).
Reproduction of original in: Queen's College (University of Oxford). Library.
Title taken from caption and first lines of text.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : ProQuest, 2009. 1 microform reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 2371:37)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.), 8253
View MARC record | catkey: 19183299