The country gauger's vade mecum [microform] : containing decimal tables for the speedy gauging of small brewing vessels, either of a circular, elliptical or rectilineal base : and also for the gauging of cask in ale or wine measure, either full or part empty / by Richard Collins, supervisor of the duty of excise
- Collins, Richard, Supervisor of the duty of excise in Bristol
- London : Printed by W. Horton, for William Shrowsbery at the Sign of the Bible in Duck-Lane, 1688.
- The fifth edition, to which is added an appendix, containing several useful propositions performed arithmetically and instrumentally, with divers tables and the now [sic] method of gauging worts in small vessels, as also how to keep the stock book : in this edition is added some new propositions never printed before / written by the author of the appendix, Rich. Walker, gauger.
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered pages, 104 pages, 4 unnumbered pages, 23 pages, 4 unnumbered pages, 1 unnumbered folded leaf : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Walker, Richard
- "An appendix to Mr. Collins his gauging ..." by R. Walker, gauger, has separate t.p. and pagination; continuous register.
Imperfect: stained with print show-through and loss of print.
Includes decimal tables.
Reproduction of original in: Library of Congress.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 2006. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English Books, 1641-1700 ; 2935:3).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.), C5383A
View MARC record | catkey: 19184149