A mathematical manual, containing tables of logarithmes for numbers, sines and tangents [microform] : with the manifold use thereof briefly explained and applied in arithmetick, geometry, astronomy, geography, surveying, navigation, dialling, gunnery, and gauging / by Henry Phillippes
- Phillippes, Henry, -1677?
- London : Printed by A. Clark for W. Fisher, E. Thomas, J. Northcot, and E. Hurlock, and are to be sold at the Postern gate near Tower-hill, at the Adam and Eve in Little Britain, at the Anchor and Marriner near London-Bridg [sic], and at the Rose at the west-end of St. Pauls, 1677.
- Physical Description:
- 6 unnumbered pages, 201 pages, 177 unnumbered pages, 4 unnumbered leaves of plates : illustrations
- Related Titles:
- Table of artificial sines and tangets to every degree and minute of the quadrant, Table of logarithm numbers, from one to ten thousand, and Table of proportional parts, whereby the intermediate logarithms of all numbers
- "Table of artificial sines and tangets to every degree and minute of the quadrant" has special t.p.; "Table of logarithm numbers, from one to ten thousand ..." has special t.p. dated 1678; "Table of proportional parts, whereby the intermediate logarithms of all numbers ..." has special t.p. dated 1678., Errors in paging: p. 106 misnumbered 107, p. 127 misnumbered 129., and Reproduction of original in: Folger Shakespeare Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : ProQuest, 2009. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English Books, 1641-1700 ; 3012:5).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.), P2048A
View MARC record | catkey: 19185185