The uses of failure in Mexican literature and identity [electronic resource] / by John A. Ochoa
- Ochoa, John A. (John Andres), 1967-
- Austin : University of Texas Press, 2004.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- x, 244 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Education and entropy in Bernal Díaz del Castillo's War to stop time -- Compromised free markets in El Periquillo Sarniento : teachers, albureros, and other shouters -- Alexander von Humboldt's work on Mexico : cultural allegory, and the limits of vision -- José Vasconcelos and the necessities of failure -- The threats of collapse in Cambio de piel (or Fuentes the frail) -- Guillermo Gómez-Peña : bordering on madness and performing liminality -- General Santa Anna's leg and other failings.
- 0292705735 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -232) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19185727