Veterinary nursing of exotic pets [electronic resource] / Simon J. Girling, DZooMed, DipECZM, CBiol, FSB EurProBiol, MRCVS, Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Recognised Specialist in Zoo and Wildlife Medicine, European Veterinary Specialist in Zoological Medicine (Zoo Health Management).
- Girling, Simon
- Chichester, West Sussex, UK : Wiley-Blackwell, 2013.
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 368 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 25 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Small mammals -- Basic small mammal anatomy and physiology -- Small mammal housing, husbandry and rearing -- Small mammal handling and chemical restraint -- Small mammal nutrition -- Common diseases of small mammals -- An overview of small mammal therapeutics -- Small mammal diagnostic imaging -- Small mammal emergency and critical care medicine -- Birds -- Basic avian anatomy and physiology -- Avian housing and husbandry -- Avian handling and chemical restraint -- Avian nutrition -- Common avian diseases -- An overview of avian therapeutics -- Avian diagnostic imaging -- Avian emergency and critical care medicine -- Reptiles and amphibians -- Basic reptile and amphibian anatomy and physiology -- Reptile and amphibian housing and husbandry -- Reptile and amphibian handling and chemical restraint -- Reptile and amphibian nutrition -- Common reptile and amphibian diseases -- An overview of reptile and amphibian therapeutics -- Reptile diagnostic imaging -- Reptile emergency and critical care medicine -- Appendix 1 Legislation affecting exotic pet species in the united kingdom -- Appendix 2 Useful addresses and organisations.
- 9780470659175 (pbk.) and 0470659173 (pbk.)
- Previous ed.: 2003.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19186575