Voices of the enslaved in nineteenth-century Cuba [electronic resource] : a documentary history / Gloria García Rodríguez ; translated by Nancy L. Westrate ; foreword by Ada Ferrer
- García Rodríguez, Gloria
- Uniform Title:
- Esclavitud desde la esclavitud. English
- Chapel Hill, N.C. : University of North Carolina Press, c2011.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 220 p. ; 25 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Slavery and its legal regulation : the slave code: royal decree and instructional circular for the indies on the education, treatment, and work regimen of slaves: May 31, 1789 -- Slaveholders and the slave code: statement from Havana's ingenio owners to the king: Havana, January 19, 1790 -- Toward a new slave code -- Slavery and family life -- The plantation social network -- Solidarity in the face of injustice -- The labor relations of Coartado slaves.
- 9780807832189 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780807871942 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Originally published: México : Centro de Investigacíon Científica "Ing. Jorge L Tamayo," 1996.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 205-207) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19187551