You are what you hear [electronic resource] : how music and territory make us who we are / Harry Witchel
- Witchel, Harry
- New York : Algora Pub., c2010.
- Physical Description:
- 220 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Why do we listen to music? -- Why does music make sex better? -- Why do some people love Beethoven and others rap music? -- Is musical taste 100% nurture, or is there a role for nature? -- Why do aggressive young men blare out booming music from their cars? -- Why do we listen to sad music? -- Does violent music lead to violent behavior? -- Does listening to Mozart make you smarter or just happier? -- Does music make the brain grow larger? -- Can music surreptitiously influence what we decide to buy in shops? -- Can music cure? -- Afterword : the power of music.
- 9780875868042 (trade paper : alk. paper)
0875868045 (trade paper : alk. paper)
9780875868059 (hard cover : alk. paper)
0875868053 (hard cover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 187-209) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19194393